BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Chalkboard 101

Today I tried the Rustoleum chalkboard paint for the first time. I did just a few quick google searches on whether the regular paint or spray is better and didn't have much luck. I went with the spray since it was cheaper and I didn't need much anyway, and sprayed it onto a foam board that I primed with Kilz. The first 2 coats had lines in it. I guess because of the Kilz where I painted it on. Is it a big deal to people if the chalkboard has a few stroke lines? That google search didn't turn up much either. I was beginning to think maybe I should've bought the regular paint, but did a 3rd coat and it looks fine now. The next test will be to see if the foam board even holds up to chalk being pressed against it and how well it cleans. I'll be sure to update on this in a day or two.

Good night folks!
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment