BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

What's in a Name

I'm sooo excited to say that I think I have my Etsy shop name! Not only is it perfect but this also means I can finally move forward with the process! I have read that it helps to have what you do in your shop name, but I don't didn't want mine to be obvious. I always wanted my name to reflects "southerness" somehow. I initially wanted The Blue Hydrangea and was so sad to find out that it's already in use; along with Sweet Magnolia and The Pink Dogwood and everything else my best friend and I could come up with. Then the other night I thought "refined". 2nd thought was "refined like sugar? No, refined as in taste."Like it literally just popped in my head! Then I thought rural, but that's an awful word to say regularly lol.So, Rural and Refined went to Rustic and Refind and I thought "OMG this is it!" only to find that it too is taken :( I really wanted to cry at this point. But then something said to me "look up the definitions" so I did. It was so cool to find that the Middle English form is "rustik". SCORE!!!! Rustik gives a nice twist and goes against the grain :) It could be made to look really cute on a sign one day ;) Rustik and Refined is what my stuff is all about and I can't wait to get started! Also, take a look at these definitions...Ok so I'm having tech difficulties. Will post pic Soon!

Ok, here they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment