BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

High on Summertime

Just got back from the beach and boy did we have a blast! We visited the Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo and played with baby kangaroos, lemurs and baby tigers! It has been a life long dream to play with monkeys and I finally got to check that off the ol' bucket list! We also went deep sea fishing. We couldn't convince the guys to go so Mom and I set off on an adventure. I'm sure that lady thought we were crazy because we called her about ten different time with a million questions haha. The seas were rough but we still had fun and caught a lot of red snapper. Mom caught the first fish and the most fish :) We also had a large group of dolphins come up to the boat and swim with it. I think we got our money's worth! That was the best beach trip ever and what better way to spend it than with my mom?! Also, if any of you happen to be heading that way the Oyster House is amazing! I would skip breakfast and lunch to eat there every day for supper. Also, right outside Gulf Shores is a mall, I think it's called colonial mall?...anyway it's an outdoor type mall and there is a restaurant called the Cactus Flower Cafe. It is California style Mexican and We ate here on the way home. It as a wonderful experience. You really get a lot of bang for your buck. Nice fantasy atmosphere, nice presentation of food but reasonable prices. For $9 and some change we got chicken tortilla or chili soup, salad and a quasadilla. I got a lime vinegarett dressing with my salad that was wonderful! Highly recommend this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment