BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Doin What I Love

I've finished painting the spare bedroom and am now looking for a same to medium sized table to put my sewing machine own. I got to looking on craigslist and accidentally came across an item for sale by a lady who runs an antique store that I haven't been to yet. So of course, I finished my coffee, got dressed and went straight to it, only to find that behind it and across the street is another antique mall I haven't heard of!! Yay for adventure! And to find them both by accident... :) Anway, haven't got a table yet, and I didn't go to the second one across the street, but here are some of my finds from the new mall.

This is a civil war era sewing machine by the American Button Hole, Overseam, and Sewing Machine Co. I've just emailed someone about its value to see if it's worth buying. VERY VERY cool!

The tag on this said "primitive bench". I have the perfect spot for it. I <3 it
Close up of the sewing machine
Peeeerfect kitchen table for a "crunchy" house!
I like this one even better. The wood top is ruff, so you can't mess it up or scratch it. And I love the butcher block on top!
One of my favorite finds beside the sewing machine and the "bench". It is all heart pine, built between 1920-40 and native to the Wiregrass area. This would look great in my new room too!
I will probably return and get this come pay day :)
This would be beautiful in a country home....if you can look past the red. If it were mine I'd repaint it.
These are old aluminum or tin? cake stands. Made me think of my Aunt Christy (she makes cakes). Perfect for a bride going for an old/vintage wedding theme.
Another bed that would look awesome in "my room". I need to get a job hehe.

2 comments:

  1. I love the cake plates. Were they expensive????

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah. this smallest one was $36, i think the middle was $46 and the large was $50 or so...

    ReplyDelete