BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Learning New Things

I'm in the middle of trying to revamp my blog and I see "how to make new wood look old" on someone else's blog. I couldn't resist looking and I had to share right away even though I haven't tried it yet. So the boring part is she sanded with 80 grit....blah blah blah. Ok, the good part; she took 0000 steel wool, tore it to small pieces and put inside a mason jar. Then, she filled the mason jar with vinegar and let set 24 hours. Apparently the smell was AWFUL, but after painting on with a paint brush she let dry for a day and VOILA! She got the perfect weathered look she was wanting. How cool?! I'm definitely trying this.

Also, I want to try white washing. This lady used 1 part paint, to 2 parts water. She painted some onto the wood and then smoothed out (go with the grain) with a cheeseclothe. It looked great! I'm gonna try this too!

....now back to work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment