BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Update on Etsy

I know its few and far between when I write, but that just gives me a lot to write about, right? So, after writing about starting up an Etsy shop I had several moments throughout the process where I seriously considered backing out. I thought nobody would like my stuff, much less buy it. I finally decided to at least give it a try first before I give up on it. With much surprise, as soon as I opened my shop I was blown away at the number of views in the first few days. I'm not sure what is considered "good" but the numbers were certainly looking good to me! It was definitely a confidence boost. Then I made my first sell within a couple of days of opening and it felt GREAT! Especially since I had read that alot of shop owners don't make their first sell for a month. I've made three sells so far and although that isn't a lot, I feel I'm definitely on my way. If you'd like to check out my shop go here http://www.etsy/shop/rustikandrefined

On another note: WE'RE GOING TO JAMAICA!!
Yup! We're going for a honeymoon "do-over." Our honeymoon was a mess. It rained all day, every day the entire week until the very last day. And on that day I got SICK! I mean SICK! My poor hubby had to take care of me instead of going out and getting what little sunshine he could. He was so sweet. So, anyway, fast forward to now. We have been talking about wanting to have a second honeymoon and thought Sept would be the best time to take a vacay (b/c of my husband's crazy work schedulel), but not necessarily the honeymoon. I got a call from my mother-in-law telling me about this great get away deal on Groupon. I checked it out and thought, "Jamaica was not our first choice, however for that price COUNT ME IN!" haha :) And it just happens that we have to take it by September; Perfect! We told our friends about it, and they are going too! Now, you're probably thinking "but I thought its your honeymoon." It is, but everyone that we are friends with say that they got bored and would've had more fun if they had friends there to hang out with. We felt that way too and that's why this time we are doing it completely different. I am so excited and cannot wait! Now the big question is how to lose 30lbs in 6 weeks??????? Yeah, yeah I know; that's not healthy. Honestly, I don't think that is a realistic goal for me anyway lol, but I am definitely struggling with how I am going lose enough to feel comfortable in my swim suit. So far, I'm trying to eat nothing but meat and veggies and walk three miles at night. While this is a good start, I don't feel like this will work fast enough for what I'm wanting to achieve :( Any pointers?

No comments:

Post a Comment