BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My very first "repurposed" project

After running tests on craft frames I finally went it at on the old spindle desk. I found the desk at an antique shop; on sale! Got it for $35 ( I think?). I wanted a table or something for crafting/sewing. Finally decided against a table because I wanted drawers. Being my first project it was definitely a learning process and took me longer than it should have. That's a long story. Anway, after lots and lots of work, drying time, and elbow grease from sanding, here's my final product. I was sad I didn't have a "before" picture, but right before I made this post my bestie saved the day! Ta Da! Before and after!


                                                                                                     BEFORE

This was before it made it home. It's ugly and brown & the seat cushion on the chair is hideous! Not to mention it was not cloth, but more like a plastic picnick table cloth.




AFTER

close up of the detail (it doesn't show up well in pictures from far away)


Freshly painted and reupholstered chair, but you can't see the distressing very well :(


And that's a wrap! Now to decorate!

No comments:

Post a Comment