BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, February 2, 2012

From New to Old

I'm currently working on painting an old spindle desk (whatever that means) in a distressed/shabby chic look. I want to glaze it and have looked at tons of blogs and tutorials but scared to try it for the first time on my desk. So today I tried it on a cheap wooden craft picture frame from hobby lobby. It's not real glaze like Ralph Lauren tobacco glaze. Anyway, it didn't say to use with acrylic or on a gloss finish like others have; just paint on and wipe off. I used it on top of acrylic paint and here is how it turned out. Not at all like what I have seen on people's furniture projects but it definitely looks old to me :)


And might I add that I have fixed up my concoction of steel wool and vinegar to try on a wooden craft frame tomorrow. Can't wait to see if I get that weathered look!

1 comment:

  1. Your frame turned out so great!!! It would be very interesting to see a whole desk done in that same style! Good luck.

    :)T

    p.s. you asked about the bedding on my blog...it is from the Shabby Chic line at Target, but from a couple of years ago so I don't know if it is still available...

    ReplyDelete