BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Great turkey day; not so great day after :(

GREAT Because.....
All the planning and preparation has kept me from blogging, but now it's over and Thanksgiving was a success. So thankful for everything and everyone. God has blessed us immensely! Everyone came to our house this year including our best friends who might as well be family. It was pretty much perfect. Great food, great family and not so great Iron Bowl. War Eagle anyway! My pumpkin cheesecake was a hit too! Everyone headed back home today and I had the intentions of catching up on some reading in my photography book, getting to know my new sewing machine (shout out to best friend here!) and last, but not least....putting up Christmas decor!
NOT Great because...
At lunch I started to feel yucky, but tried to save face and keep truckin it while we had company. By 3 or 4 I feel like...well you know. Sore throat, eye balls feel hot and I'm cold :( So, I haven't accomplished anything I wanted to today. And to dampen the mood further it is the birthday of one of my best friends who died while we were all still in college. Reflecting on it is something I choose not to do most of the time, but November and Easter I can't avoid. Not to mention (& this may tick some people off but I'm going to say it anyway) that I'm a bit disturbed to see happy birthday written all over my deceased best friend's facebook page. I loved her and miss her too, but really?....
So, I think I will turn in for the night and start over tomorrow. I hope everyone had a great Turkey day as well!

1 comment:

  1. Pumpkin cheesecake was delicious and it meant alot to us to be there! Can't wait to sew some stuff!

    ReplyDelete